Wednesday, February 1, 2012

worry

I recently heard a song from my younger years while sitting in Orange Leaf (the BEST froyo in Lexington). As I sat there singing it, my kids just looked at me and laughed. It was Bobby McFerrin's song, "Don't Worry, Be Happy". It's got just the right little bounce to make you happy.

I've tried to live my life with that thought process. Don't worry, be happy. There is so much wrong with the world today. And so many people have so many problems that are worse than what I ever could fathom. People are sick. People die. People lose things and don't have money.

I am lucky though. Currently, Mike and I both have jobs with a decent income. We are able to pay our bills and provide for our children. We have a few nice things and are able to buy little extras here and there.

And the things is, I don't worry about tomorrow. I don't think about what could happen. Because God has it under control. Matthew 6:34 says, "So then, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today has enough trouble of it's own".

And that is so true.

Does worrying change things? Does worry make you feel good? NO and NO! So stop worrying. Give it to God. He's got it all in his hands if you let it. Take each day on headstrong and leaning on the One that can hold you. If he brings you to it, he'll bring you through it. (I'm sure that quote belongs to someone, but I'm not sure whom).

So set your worries aside today and place your trust in the Father. He will wipe your worries away. Thank you God for doing that for me every day. For that I am truly blessed.

Renee

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting Renee, it was a good read on a tired Mommy day. :) -Karen Leary Duseau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw this posting from you. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it. Have a blessed week :)

      Delete