Friday, February 3, 2012

Compassion

It's part of my job.

Some days it's easier than others to have compassion for the woman screaming at the top of her lungs.

For the ones that have ingested some sort of chemical (whatever that may be) and they are delivering a baby very early and don't care.

For the people that are just flat out MEAN.

But for the most part I try to see people with the glass half full. I try to empathize and meet them where they are. Sometimes it's just a simple touch or calming word. Sometimes it's being forceful and making them listen to get control. Even at the time it may seem harsh, it leads to a stronger bond in the end.

But a lot of times, it's just lending an ear. Many times I don't really have time to sit to talk and listen. I have to MAKE time. This has been the case over many of the last few weeks.

To sit quietly.

To listen.

To meet a person halfway.

And in doing so, my heart has been filled. With care and compassion. As I said goodbye to a new friend today and as we took a picture together I can only hope and pray she has her heart filled as much as I did.

Thank you God for giving me the opportunity to touch lives with a compassionate heart.

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment