Sunday, February 5, 2012

Goals

I have had a lot in my lifetime.

When I was in high school, I was going to be an attorney. Married and have 2 children by the age of 30. Wow, how that changed. I got married, yes. And I went to college.....and graduated with a nursing degree. Medicine was always a love of mine and it seemed natural.

As I've gotten older, my goals in life have changed. I have daily ones....drinking plenty of water. And I have goals I have set for myself in the coming months.

And as my friends and I start a new fitness challenge for the next 30 days, I have even more goals in mind. And as I try to reach these goals, I try to inspire others to do the same. I have had people tell me how much they love coming to my classes. That makes my heart happy. But what I love the most is when they say they are excited and inspired by me. That means I have reached a goal. To let others know you don't have to be a "Barbie" to teach fitness. No, I am not perfect. I have lumps and rolls like most moms do. It took me years to realize that "I am important". A long time to say, "it's okay to leave your child with someone while I better myself". That's a tough thing to do as a mom.

The thing is, I could not reach any goal if it weren't for the backing of my husband and Jesus. Mike has always been supportive of anything I wanted to do when it came to fitness. And if weren't for the good Lord above keeping me healthy, I wouldn't be able to do this.

But my main goal in life is to try and live a Christian life. Some days I'm better at it than others. I am not perfect. I am a sinner saved by grace. And in living this life, if I can inspire someone to do the same, my goal is achieved. I usually end my Sunday Zumba fitness classes with a Christian song. Although I have to be careful not to actually mention God or Jesus (which is sad but true....can't offend someone), I do want people to pay attention and get something from my class; not just a workout.

12 Not that I have already attained this-that is, I have not already been perfected-but I strive to lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus also laid hold of me.
13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself to have attained this. Instead I am single-minded: Forgetting the things that are behind and reaching out for the things that are ahead,
14 with this goal in mind, I strive toward the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Phillipians 3 12-14

What are your goals in life?

Are they truly superficial to benefit only yourself?

Or are you looking forward and reaching for a higher goal?

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment