Sunday, February 26, 2012

Daddy

As a child, especially a female, we look to our daddy for a lot.

They are our knight in shining armor. They hold our hands when we walk. They tuck us in to bed at night. They hold us when our hearts get broken. And they hug us so tightly some times we can't breathe.

I am who I am a lot because of my dad.

But just not my earthly dad. (although I love him lots!)

I am who I am because of my heavenly dad. My father in heaven. The man who created me and gave me life.

As we finished up our series at Church today, they were interviewing people from the church on how this series had affected them. One guy's comment really hit home for me. He talked about how he is watching his daughter struggle to become someone. You know, just to find out who she really is. And he wanted her to know that she could come talk to him any time. That he is always available any time she needs a listening ear. His love is unconditional regardless of what she has to say.

God is the same way!!!

He watches us all the time come in to ourselves. He is always around waiting to talk, to listen, to give advice.....when we're ready to listen ourselves.

There in lies the key. As kids, listening to earthly parents a lot of times goes in one ear and out the other. We don't really want to hear what they have to say. It's only when we really and truly want help that we listen. That we do as we're told. Knowing all the while it's what is right for us.

My heavenly father is available 24/7, 365. And I am talking, and listening. I may not always understand, but I know that he will direct me in the way that is right for me.

Are you talking and listening to your heavenly father?

Take your time and open your heart. Be ready to listen.

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment