Monday, June 4, 2012

so many things

You know, it's so hard for me to point out just one thing today for which I am grateful.

So today, it's a list:

For my husband who trains so hard and does his best at every race. I know this weekend after his race, his legs were so sore. But he pushed on and walked around with us and even went to the aquarium with us when his feet were just about to give way. I am so glad we did it though and had some great family time.

For Ryan, my older son. Every day is different with him. I never know where is brain is going to take me. I love watching him build things with his legos that he has collected. I am amazed at how he puts things he has imagined into a piece of art with Legos. WOW! I am so grateful he is also beginning to understand Christianity and the fact Jesus died on the cross for our sins. My heart just feels happy when I feel like he "gets it"

For Alexander, my little man. Words can't express the joy he brings to our lives. His laugh is contagious and his snuggles are priceless. Even though I had to cart him around Gatlinburg this week end a good bit, I wouldn't trade it for the world. And tonight as he wanted to wash dishes a song came on my iPod, "Never Grow Up" by Taylor Swift. This song talks about being little and parents not wanting you to grow up. "Oh, darling don't you ever grow up.....just stay this little....won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart" Alexander turned to me and said, "that's what you say to us mommy"

And it's true. As much as I loved the baby stage, I am loving each stage of my boys' lives. It saddens me to think that Alexander will begin kindergarten in the fall of 2013 and Ryan will be in 3rd grade this year. But each age has it's own challenges and things to enjoy.

For my ability to work out. This weekend I saw so many overweight people walking around and it just broke my heart. It's not easy to get in to shape. I am the perfect example. But I did and now I can't imagine my life without being in the gym and working out every day. (PS, I'm now looking in to hip hop hustle training, woot woot)

And basically for my life and opportunity I have to live it. I pray each day that I will make an impact on some one in a positive way. I love being me. God gave me one life and one chance to live it. I'm trying my hardest to use it to the fullest extent.

What are you grateful for today?

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment