Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Joy = Energy

I've had a lot of people lately ask me, "Where do you get your energy?" I don't really know how to respond to that question. I don't feel like I have any more energy than most people. I guess it's just the way my energy is perceived. But this really got me to thinking about things.

Today I was driving down Richmond Road, windows down, music blaring, and enjoying the breeze. I was playing a song by Phillips, Craig, and Dean that is one of my all time favorites..."Let My Words Be Few"




And then it hit me. It's like God said, "hello!!!! It's me that gives you that energy". And it's true.

My faith is a huge part of my life. For years I tried to live my life the way I wanted. Some things were good and some weren't. But then it was as if a lightbulb was turned on above my head. Giving it ALL to the one who truly gives me life. Giving my life, my thoughts, my love, my everything. I know people may think I'm crazy, but I have a blessed life. A life that has been blessed by God in so many ways, in the past and present.

And from that I have JOY.

I have something that fills my heart and my life like none other. This is something that can't be replaced with anything on this earth. And I know that my time on earth is fleeting. I mean really. Think about it. Our life is but a second compared to the eternity we have to look forward to in heaven. I guess it's just that I want to live my life in a way that the dash between the years of my birth and death are happy. I want others to be as happy as I am. I surround myself with positivity and meet people where they are in their life. I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. I have my faults. I say things sometimes that are not appropriate, but one there's one thing I know for sure. God knows, understands, and I am able to ask his forgiveness.

He fills my nights and days with joy and peace that makes my heart happy.

I am blessed to be awakened to each day and attack it as if it were my last.

I smile because there may be one person that just needs that in their life that day. Who's to say what others are going through.

So I guess what this boils down to is my JOY = ENERGY! It's positive energy given to me by my God in Heaven.

Thank you God for giving me the life, joy, and energy it takes to live each day to the fullest. I am forever grateful.

Blessings, Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment