Monday, May 14, 2012

Mom-A Day Late

Because of work schedule of both myself and Mike, I wasn't able to sit down for my mother's day post until now. So here goes...

To the woman, who after many hours of labor, delivered me (with the use of forceps, BTW). A ginormous 8# 14oz, 19 1/2 long baby. An alien to my mother and the ugliest thing she had ever seen. I must have been beautiful though because the nurses said I was (and we nurses know not all babies are born beautiful......)

To the woman who dropped me off at a horrible preschool when she was in labor with my sister (that place I will NEVER forget)

For the times you picked me up, dusted away the dirt, and covered the scar with a band-aid.

For the time I was almost hit by a car riding a bike when we lived in Forest (yes, another thing I will never forget).

For all the days and weeks of making me write my spelling words 10 times each so I would make 100% on my spelling test.

For transforming an old player piano in to one I could play :)

For buying my silver, open-holed Gemeinhardt flute so I could be in concert band.

For making all of my prom dresses throughout the years. And although I wasn't like everyone else, I was truly special because my mom CARED!

For staying up late many nights helping me type a paper when I thought I had plenty of time. You knew better, but wanted me to learn on my own.

For supporting me through the years and with my first marriage and divorce. So much happened, but you were always there.

For being at the birth of both of my boys.....that means more to me than you could ever imagine.

For the woman who helped make me who I am today. Who taught me things, continually inspires me, and encourages me to do whatever I want.

I am blessed beyond measure to have such a wonderful mom. And even with the hoopla surrounding being "mom enough", she was MORE! If I can only be half the mom to my boys that she is to me, I will be forever thankful.

Thank you God for such a wonderful woman. I am truly blessed.

Renee



No comments:

Post a Comment