Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Kids

I have always talked about how much I love my kids. They are the best thing God ever gave me. I am grateful I was able to give life to them from my body. I'm so thankful that even though I was very sick with Ryan, I survived and was able to carry another. The second time without any health issues.

And health is something we've been very blessed to have. Other than the occasional cold and stomach bug, we're quite healthy. Granted Ryan was sick as a child until we realized he had food allergies, and that was easily remedied. After a few months of medications and changing diets, he was a different child. But luckily, so far, we haven't had major sickness or broken bones.

I write all this because,

Tonight Lane Goodwin passed away. I didn't know him, and will never know his family. But my heart breaks for them. He was a 12 year old boy with cancer. Yes, I know there are many children with cancer. This family just chose to live out his life, and death, on social media. Many of us looked for daily updates and hope for the best, realizing the end could actually be any day.

So tonight, I am holding my kids even tighter, telling them I love them even more, and being so very grateful for my childrens' health. I thank God every day that I can love them and hug them. I don't take a day for granted, because God only knows how long they will be on this earth with me. He granted them to me on loan, until the day he calls him home to be with him. I can only hope and pray it will be long after I am gone.

Thank you God for my many blessings, especially my children.

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment