Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Another year......

Last Friday, the 14th of September, I turned the big 4-0. Yes, 40 years of age I am. I don't feel it, nor do I act it. I woke up feeling like any other day. Yes, some days my knees let me know I'm not 20 anymore, but health wise, I am. I can't even remember the last time I was sick. Staying busy and active has its advantages.

Just ask my grandmother. Two days before my birthday, she turned 85!!! She has friends and is active. She walks all the time. Although her hearing isn't what it was when she was 50, she gets around wonderfully. I am so fortunate she is healthy and able to live on her own in a big house. She has a lawn boy, but otherwise the house is all hers. Granted, she only uses the first floor unless we come to visit, and it's just her, but still....

I am so very grateful the boys and I had a safe trip to Memphis. We were able to spend time going to the zoo and celebrating birthdays. I ate way too much, but that's okay. As far as I am concerned, being from the deep south, that's what it's all about.

I'm hoping to celebrate many more birthdays, just like my granny.

Blessings,
Renee

1 comment:

  1. Love it! My 94 year old great grandfather works out everyday! Even leads fitness classes in the assisted living home! :)

    Cassie Zeider
    www.cassiezeider.com

    ReplyDelete